Thursday, June 12, 2008

I finally got out my camera and took some pictures. So would like to see a finished object or two?


Here is my hat:



Grumperina's "Odessa" in Misti Alpaca Worsted, size 4 and 6 40" circulars, using the "magic loop" method.


Here is the hat I made for my roommate Dave. I used the same pattern I made my hubby's hat from. Shown here. The yarn is Classic Elite Inca Alpaca color #3302, it's a pretty blue with green, I bought it at Nancy's Quilt Shop here in Vegas. I used size 8 and 9 40" circulars, also using the "magic loop" method.

This picture was taken at the Boulder City Ren Fair. I was so close to finishing the hat, I was weaving in the ends in the car on the way there.


Here's what I did:

With smaller needle cast on 104 sts, knit a 2 x 2 rib for 4 1/2 inches. Then switch to larger needle, ss for 2 1/2 inches. 6 decreases (k2tog) evenly spaced around, decreasing every row until 14 sts left, cut yarn and thread thru the remaining sts, pull tight, weave ends.


I still have a few pictures to show, but I'll hold off on those (so I'll have something to post about.)

1 comment:

Angie said...

I want to be like you someday...I need to post some pics too.

I will miss you tonight.

/hugs