Sunday, December 07, 2008

Good idea!

Does anyone read Michelle's blog? She's fellow Las Vegan and crafter. We met through the Las Vegas Knitters group. She is a lovely person, inside and out. I enjoy reading her blog, she has some very interesting recipes and lots of good crafty stuff. A while back she started making reusable cloth pads. These might seem a little wierd to some people, my friend Nicki thinks they're "creepy". I think they're brilliant, so I made some.




These are all made from cotton flannel. The ones with the two different prints used are panty liners. The ones made from a single print are pads, they have two layers of terrycloth (recycled from old kitchen towels). They also have a pocket opening that allows the insertion of additional terrycloth layers.


These are the terrycloth inserts:


They all have snap closures. I was afraid the snaps would be uncomfortable, but I can't feel the snaps at all. I have used them (after the pics were taken) and am very happy with them. I've purchased a few more flannels and some fleece and I plan to make lots more. I'm planning to have enough of these to stop using the paper ones entirely. Just a little less trash in our landfills.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I went to Michelle's blog and followed her link...I love yours (and hers) and think they are a great idea.

/hugs

Shopping Blog said...

There is not going to links of london uk happen such a difficulty that you can't find cheap links of london bracelet an identical topaz jewelry according to your costume. cheap links of london charms It is monitored that besides the reality that it's a links of london watch uk great present to gift, it's also preferred by many people just for the links of london ring uk sake of an inclusion to their own jewelry collection. However, links of london necklaces uk if you'd really like to satisfy your partner and guarantee that she adores your present on this special date.